When I knit the custom purple tablet cover, I ended up with a little leftover yarn. I thought I did the math correctly for a little purse, but it ended up turning into an eyeglass case.
The irony of it all was that it took me a little while to figure out what to do with it. It was an odd shape. Wide enough for a little purse, but not tall enough. I had a pair of sunglasses sitting on the kitchen counter and slipped them in. Voila! Instant eyeglass case!
Never missing the chance to add a little bling, I decided to add some crystals to it. I played with it for about an hour and came up with a pattern I liked. Then spent the next hour gluing on all the crystals.
The glue I use is incredibly sticky. It’s so sticky that it’s difficult to work with. However, when I was testing fabric glues, this stuff survived tumbling through the drier for 30 minutes. So, it’s worth going through the hassle as the last thing I want is for crystals to fall off something I make for someone.
After all my gluing, I think I ended up with as much glue on my fingers as I did on the crystals. But I think it turned out pretty well. I like to let the glue dry overnight, so tomorrow I’ll sew on the Velcro so it’s ready to use.